TITLE: Junior Textile Designer
DESCRIPTION: This position will be responsible for assisting textile/print development for Trina Turk apparel brands.
- Develop prints – Redraw and clean up print artworks in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Create repeats, separate colors, colorways and engineered prints in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Color match and update digital color palettes for each season.
- Sending prints – Prepare print packages. Create print requests for both screen prints and digital prints.
- Coordinate prints – Work with mills to ensure strike-offs and sample yardages meet approved quality, scale and color.
- Confirm all deadlines are being met and correct information is communicated with vendors.
- Clearly expresses knowledge on print techniques to answer any questions from vendors.
- Help production team with print approval sheets for bulk orders.
- Maintain and organize strike-offs and sample yardage records.
- Maintain and organize CADs of past Trina Turk prints and dropped prints.
- Notate print changes and other functional office duties necessary to keep a balanced and organized work environment.
- Minimum 2 years experience at an apparel manufacturer or textile company.
- Technical efficiency and proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop (Mac Platform).
- Understanding of textile design methods, printing and production.
- Self-motivated and also a team player.
- Highly organized with a good work ethic and lots of energy/ great attitude.
- Strong eye for detail, color, design, and composition.
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong sense of contemporary market and overall trend in fashion.
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org