TITLE: Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing will lead the growth and success of the Trina Turk and Mr. Turk consumer marketing efforts, partnering closely with brand marketing, design, store operations, finance and the rest of the leadership team. In this role, you will provide leadership, communicate strategic direction and direct the activities of the consumer marketing organization. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing the strategy and execution to create a best-in-class consumer experience. This includes customer acquisition, conversion, retention and customer satisfaction across all consumer touch points.
The Director of Marketing is the perfect mix of art and science in their abilities, instincts and execution. You have a gut for great creative and mind for strategy, execution and measurement. You will take a leadership role in building a best-in-class consumer experience across the Trina Turk ecosystem. You will be responsible for acquiring and retaining Trina Turk and Mr. Turk customers and maximizing their lifetime value. This role will oversee all aspects of the consumer experience.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
This position is located in Pasadena, California.
- Creates marketing plans and provides detailed forecasts and analysis. Lead the development of the overall consumer marketing strategy.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the consumer marketing team, guiding and encouraging team members to adapt, improve, and achieve their objectives
- Develop and evaluate key performance metrics; provide CEO and senior leadership accurate summaries and analysis of campaigns, results and forecasts.
- Provide strategic guidance, insight and knowledge about market trends, consumer attitudes, competitors and the effectiveness of the marketing strategy
- Profitably acquire new customers through digital advertising, search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), affiliate marketing, display advertising, social media, external partnerships and other direct marketing programs.
- Drive continuous improvement on the site experience, improving conversion rates and customer profitability for the online channels.
- Determine the optimal resources (internal and external) necessary to manage marketing efforts.
- Be the expert on new, relevant technologies to help drive consumer experience including but not limited to website optimization and personalization.
- Foster continuous improvement; ensure that all marketing activities are efficient, effective and scalable.
- Work closely with Brand Marketing Director to optimize the omni-channel experience and overall “brand” experience
- Work with technology resources to develop a consumer marketing database that can be leveraged to provide a best-in-class consumer experience
- Work with technology resources to develop a reporting suite to provide critical metrics to make both tactical and strategic decisions designed to understand customer acquisition costs and lifetime value for all key marketing channels.
- Lead all consumer insight initiatives to understand how current and potential consumers are interacting with the Trina Turk and Mr. Turk brands and customer experience.
- Develop and maintain a regular communication cadence with all levels of the organization
- Keep executive team apprised of changing policies, competitive developments and industry/market trends
- 10+ Years of senior strategic marketing experience in a direct-to-consumer organization with a strong online / ecommerce / digital presence. Experience must include analytics-based decision-making where success is measured in terms of customer growth, website conversion and superior content.
- Results-oriented self-starter with track record of excellent results in a fast-growth environment. Must be able to substantiate a clear understanding of consumer and media trends, and the development of market strategies and campaign outcomes resulting in significant growth of customer/revenue base within a competitive environment.
- Creative / innovative thinker; organized /detail-oriented; team player/ solution oriented approach.
- Keen understanding of leading-edge ecommerce segmentation methodologies and their respective role in marketing communications.
- Forward thinking, marketing/business development-focused individual. Leads all online / ecommerce revenue generating solutions.
- Strong analytical skills, proven ability to consume and understand data, work with decision scientists and analysts to get to clear results and analysis
- Exceptional skill in verbal and written communications; must also be an excellent listener
- Proven ability to successfully articulate and address complex business issues and opportunities
- Skilled at promoting collaboration and driving problem resolution across all levels of a business including the c-suite
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA a plus
Please send resumes to: email@example.com